Home LOCAL NEWS ZRP Officer dies after mistaking poison for Whiskey

ZRP Officer dies after mistaking poison for Whiskey

WOMAN POISONS CHILDREN, AXES BOSS MUM (80)

Godfrey Machongwe(41) a police officer stationed at Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Mashonaland central Police Headquarters (PHQ) Projects, passed away after he mistakenly drank poisonous pesticides on Thursday.

It is said that Machongwe left for Blackford farm with his friend attending a funeral. The deceased’s friend went to buy some groceries at the nearby shops and they were later reunited at a nearby tuck-shop.

Bulawayo 24 reported that Machongwe bought a 200mm can of Saints spirit and put it in his friend’s plastic bag containing groceries.

ALSO READ: Soldiers Assault Detectives In Beitbridge

When Machongwe got home he handed the plastic bag to his wife and took few sips from the bottle he had in his pocket before realizing it was the Lands Pesticides poisonous liquid instead of the Saints can.

He was declared dead on arrival at Concession District Hospital.

Also Trending...

Woman Caught Bedding 13 year old, Claims He Invited Her!

A Greendale woman was on Tuesday arrested after she was caught having s..ex with a 13-year-old boy at the latter’s parents’ home in Houghton Park. Woman Caught Bedding 13 year old, Claims He Invited Her! The unidentified woman was quick to defend herself from arresting police officers by showing them condoms, saying they had had protected...Read More