The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has both denied claims by the MDC Alliance that they have seized control of MDC’s Harvest House headquarters.
This was after MDC-Alliance’s national spokesperson, Fadzayi Mahere had claimed that “armed soldiers and police officers assisted 20 youths to forcibly gain entry into the building.”
Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) spokesperson Colonel Overson Mugwisi, however, could not confirm the development. He said:
I cannot confirm or deny that the army has occupied the Harvest House. I am not on duty myself I am off duty. You can confirm with those on duty or confirm with the police.
Why do you believe what they (MDC Alliance) say?
ZRP spokesperson Paul Nyathi told NewZimbabwe that he was “not aware of any occupation of the army and police” adding that the publication should confirm with the army’s public relations offices.
Meanwhile, reinstated MDC-T Secretary General, Douglas Mwonzora on Thursday confirmed he was assisted by the police and army to gain control of MRT House.
He added that the security forces were, however, in town to enforce lockdown regulations and not at the MDC-T’s invitation.
Trending On Zimetro. . .
Social Welfare Takes Figtree man’s baby!
The father who touched many by pushing his baby in a wheelbarrow while doing menial errands has confirmed that his child was taken away from him. But he is hoping to get his baby back.
“I am forever grateful even to those who called to confirm if the child had been taken away from me…full story