A CHITUNGWIZA house caught fire, with property in two rooms being reduced to shells last Wednesday.
Peter Nyamandu of St Mary’s who is the owner of the house says he still does not know the source of the fire since all electrical appliances where switched off.
Property worth around US$3 500 was destroyed in the inferno. “I do not know where the fire came from, but we woke up around 5am to see fire spreading in the lounge. “We managed to rush out of the house to save our lives.
“My wife, four children and I managed to escape, and the fire was put out before spreading to the other five rooms,” said Nyamandu.
He said polythene pipes housing electric cables were also destroyed by the fire.
Nyamandu said he was appealing to well wishers who could help him repair and furnish his house.
Also Read: THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT GINIMBI
Genius Kadungure aka Ginimbi was a popular Zimbabwean socialite and businessman.
He was also the founder and Chief Executive Officer of a gas company, Pioneer Gases which has interests in Botswana, South Africa, and Zimbabwe. He was also the owner of Dreams Nightlife Club...read more