Tragedy At Wedding: Chef Falls Into Boiling Chicken Soup
An Iraqi chef died at a wedding after he slipped and fell into a giant pot of boiling chicken soup he was preparing on the 15th of June.
Issa Ismail (25), a married father of three, was preparing food in the kitchen of Hazel Hall for Weddings and Events in Zakho District.
After tumbling to the floor, the father of three was immediately rushed to Dohuk hospital which is around 40 miles away from Hazel Hall to receive treatment for the severe burns.
Medics spent several days trying to save Ismail’s life, but unfortunately, he died on June 21 as a result of third-degree burns that burned around 70 per cent of his body.
Speaking following his death, Ismail’s relative, Zervan Hosni revealed that the deceased had been working as a cook for eight years. Hosni tod Middle East In-24:
_He cooked food at wedding parties, mourning boards and various ceremonies, and for two years he has been working in two party halls for 25,000 dinars per day._
_Issa was the father of two daughters, and a 6-month-old son._
Ismail’s tragic death sparked an outpouring of grief on social platforms, with many mourners blaming the incident on insufficient safety standards inside the country’s restaurants and kitchens.
His wage of 25 000 dinars is roughly equivalent to £12.45, or $17.12 US dollars.
Also On ZiMetro, Illegal structures at Gazaland demolished
A visit to the area this morning showed that illegal structures that housed mostly vehicle parts, backyard food outlets and tyre mending spaces were being destroyed.
Some traders were observed clearing their wares at the last minute.
Yesterday, illegal structures surrounding Glenview 8 complex were also demolished…Learn More