While most of us are locked down in our homes, frontline workers continue to risk their lives while serving others.
The deadly Coronavirus Covid-19 continue to ravage the world and kill our fathers, mothers, brothers, and sisters.
As I write this, Our Nation (Zimbabwe) yesterday recorded over 800 positive new cases and the death rate has gone up rapidly with cases reaching as high as 20 deaths per day.
The sad thing about these numbers is that most hospital frontline workers are contracting this deadly virus due to shortages of PPE and reckless citizens who go around without protecting themselves.
My plea today if you are reading this is for you to take note of the following:
- Fighting against Covid-19 starts with you and your family
- Wearing a mask protects you and your family members
- No One, and I repeat NO ONE is above this deadly disease, It can be fatal for you or the next person
- It only takes a minute to wash your hands and a meter to practice Social distancing
- Lockdown is for your own protection
When you pray, don’t forget those who are fighting the virus are at the forefront for you and the next generation. Wash your hands and keep a good social distance whenever you are in public.