TEEN ELECTROCUTED BY FALLEN ZESA CABLE
A Juru teenage herdboy died last week after he was electrocuted by a Zesa cable that had fallen to the ground.
According to a reliable source, on December 17, Laston Zisengwe (15) of Musangate village, under Chief Chikwaka, was in the company of his younger brother, Tinotenda (10), on their way home from pastures.
It is reported that the two stumbled upon a fallen Zesa line which connects the Juru-Mutoko substation.
Laston reportedly tried to cross over the line, but made contact and was electrocuted.
It is reported that Tinotenda realised that his brother was in trouble and rushed home to inform Michael Zisengwe (45), who rushed to the scene.
Villagers then alerted the police and Zesa officials, who attended to the scene and switched off the line.
The body of the deceased was taken to Murewa District Hospital mortuary for a post-mortem.
Efforts to get a comment from police in Mashonaland East province were fruitless yesterday.