Synagogues are to remain closed until at least mid-June
Synagogues in SA are set to remain closed for at least another two weeks to ensure safety precautions are in place, in line with regulations imposed under level 3 lockdown.
In a letter to the Jewish community on Wednesday, chief rabbi Warren Goldstein said since the announcement of a resumption of religious services under strict conditions, a series of meetings and consultations had been held with a range of stakeholders involved at all levels of shul leadership, as well as medical experts.
“Widespread support has now emerged for a two-week moratorium on our shuls reopening. The plan is that until Tuesday, June 16, our shuls will hold off on reopening — and that we use this period to assess both the unfolding health situation in the country at large, and the readiness and capability of shuls to implement the very strict health and safety protocols that need to be in place.”
Goldstein said he would revert to the community on a way forward thereafter.
President Cyril Ramaphosa announced late last month that religious groups could resume services for no more than 50 people from June 1, depending on the space available and various safety protocols. Many churches and other organisations have said they will advise their congregations to stay at home.
TRENDING ON ZAnewsOnline. . . .
Man wakes up tired every morning after a long night of having S.e.x with a yellowbone & slay queen Tokoloshe
Every night he’s seduced by a yellowbone slay queen. And the slay queen has long hair and small round eyes with a nice well-shaped nose. But the…continue reading
Trending On ZIMetro News. . .
- Blue Dam Claims Another Life!
- Popular Prophet Shoots Wife Dead In Public For Leaving Him
- “There will not be a Ndebele Kingdom in Zimbabwe” – Mnangagwa
- “It’s legal” – Govt speaks on Grobler’s eviction from farm