South Africa yesterday recorded 16726 COVID-19 cases and 418 COVID-19 deaths, eNCA reports. This was revealed in a COVID-19 update by the country’s health ministry which stated that the country:
- Reported 16726 new cases on 1 January 2021
- Recorded 418 deaths on 1 January 2021
- Has so far recorded 28,887 COVID-19 deaths
- Has so far conducted 66 59318 tests
- Has so far recorded 1073887 positive cases
- Has recorded 887 701 recoveries.
The resurgence of the virus in Zimbabwe’s Southern Neighbor has prompted the country to go back to lockdown level three in a bid to contain the virus.
The country is reportedly experiencing another variant of the variant, which has prompted some countries to ban flights from South Africa. 4 vaccines have so far been approved to be used to vaccinate the infamous virus.