Programme Associate, Spotlight Technical Unit
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of Spotlight Initiative programmes by RUNOs:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the Zimbabwe Spotlight Intiative Technical team and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the Spotlight Initiative website;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Provide administrative support to the Spotlight Technical Unit:
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions in close collaboration with the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office and participating UN agencies;
- Make travel arrangements for the Spotlight Initiative Technical Team joint activities;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations;
- Support the monitoring and reporting of the programme:
- Identify/monitor risks that could interfere with programme delivery; design mitigation measures;
- Support the process of monitoring the overall programme implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools in close collaboration with the Knowledge Management/M&E Specialist and team of M&E specialists across pillars and team of Finance Officers;
- Contribute to the production of consolidated AWP and annual reports
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of consolidated results of the joint programme based on progress reports prepared by RUNOs.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme implementation, management and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the Technical team and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities of the SI Technical Unit with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of Spotlight Technical Unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for UNCT management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, public health or related field
- A diploma or certificate in project management, Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience that combines programming in the area of gender equality and women’s rights with administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience with the UN is an asset;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and a local language is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
YOU MIGHT LIKE…
THESE 8 PICTURES FROM KIKKY BADASS WILL GIVE YOU A FEVER
You might not have heard of the name Kikky BadAss but in a matter of days, she will definitely be in your face, phone,iPad and laptop.
She’s Zimbabwean and turning heads in the entertainment industry…more here