President Emmerson Mnangagwa has further extended the harsh lockdown by two more weeks, however, making a few changes for businesses that are operating.
Mnangagwa’s move was not expected by citizens, as surrounding countries like our neighbor South Africa recently moved to ease the lockdown.
Zimbabwe went on lockdown in January as a move to try and control the deadly COVID-19 virus that has wrecked havoc across the globe.
Below are some of the measures that will be put in place as the lockdown continues:
- Business hours now 0800 to 1700
- Curfew 2000hrs – 0530am
- Funerals remain at 30 people
- Social gatherings remain banned
- Government to increase manning from 10% to 25%
- Judiciary only open for urgent cases and no one allowed in gallery
- Schools remain closed
- Markets remain open observing social distancing
- Informal sector to open provided they attain Who standards
As ZiMetro we continue to urge citizens to practice social distancing and the proper wearing of face masks.