Morton Jaffray Shut down Harare Pipeline For 3 Days!
HARARE residents should brace themselves for another dry three days as the council is shutting down its Morton Jaffray Warren control line to facilitate rehabilitation work.
In a statement, Acting Town Clerk Engineer, Phakamile Moyo, said clients in the affected areas were encouraged to use water sparingly during this period.
“We hereby advise you of a planned (maintenance) of the old 1300mm Morton Jaffray-Warren Control line along Bulawayo Road on Tuesday 14 June and our crew will work on the line until Friday the 17th of June 2022,” he said.
“The above pipework is going to affect Inkomo Barracks, Kuwadzana Extension and there will be low pressure in the Central Business District.”
However, in the past few weeks, most Harare residents were not getting water in their homes and the City Council never gave any reasons for that.
Residents are being forced to resort to unsafe water sources, risking contracting water-borne diseases.
A Budiriro resident, Tatenda Nyamande, said they were about to complete the third week without water.
“It is now three weeks without water, they are not collecting refuse either and yet we are being billed every month,” he said.
“The Council is offering no service and residents are forced to pay for nothing.”
A Hillside resident, Juliet Ngirazi, said they had been facing water challenges for some time but the situation was now worsening.
“Our water usually comes on Monday morning up to Tuesday, so we have water for a day-and-a-half per week.
“But, these past weeks, it was a different scenario,” she said.
In other news,
DYONNE WAS CHEATING: STUNNER
“We attended his show on April 10 and, at a certain time, I stood up and went to the bathroom, and that was the second time I was going to the bathroom.
He followed me and dragged me out of the bathroom and took me to the room and from there he took me to the parking lot and then demanded my phone in the parking lot.
After I refused, he…Read More