Suspects behind a bombing incident at a Zanu-PF rally in Bulawayo in June are now known and would be dealt with after the country’s election period is concluded, Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa has reportedly said.
According to the state-owned Herald newspaper, Mnangagwa said this while addressing a Zanu-PF gathering in Harare last week.
He said he was happy that at least two of the party’s senior leaders who were injured in the blast were recovering.
“We now have the knowledge on who did it. We want the current (electoral) processes to pass then we will deal with that matter,” Mnangagwa was quoted as saying.
The explosion rocked the White City Stadium where Mnangagwa was addressing thousands of his supporters.
Mnangagwa managed to escape unhurt, while over 40 people, including the president’s two deputies were injured.
One of the vice presidents, Kembo Mohadi and Zanu-PF Chairperson Oppah Muchinguri Kashiri were airlifted to South Africa for medical treatment following the bombing incident.
Mnangagwa said that Mohadi was still experiencing great pain.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
PICTURES OF GINIMBI’S FLEET OF EXPENSIVE LUXURY CARS THAT HAVE SET SOCIAL MEDIA CRAZY
Harare socialite, Genius Kadungure, popularly known as Ginimbi, on Saturday took delivery of a 2018 Rolls Royce Ghost valued at a minimum US$314 000 or ZAR4,1 million adding to his already big fleet of expensive luxury cars.
Take a look of all his toys: more here