A leaked audio recording of a phone call between controversial businessman Kuda Tagwirei and Norton Member of Parliament Temba Mliswa has revealed a few things about what people close to President Emmerson Mnangagwa think of his key appointments.
A Twimbo using the Twitter handle @SteveZwitter has picked up a number of things Tagwirei and Mliswa’s conversation has revealed. Below are some of the highlights:
Trending On ZIMetro News. . .
- Blue Dam Claims Another Life!
- Popular Prophet Shoots Wife Dead In Public For Leaving Him
- “There will not be a Ndebele Kingdom in Zimbabwe” – Mnangagwa
- “It’s legal” – Govt speaks on Grobler’s eviction from farm
- Kuda Tagwirei is President Mnangagwa’s nephew
- Temba Mliswa is Tagwirei’s uncle
- Mliswa and Tagwirei are President Mnangagwa’s advisors in their personal capacities.
- Fortune Chasi was fired from the Energy portfolio for disobeying Tagwirei
- Tagwirei and Mliswa are [very annoyed] by the appointment of Soda [Zhemu to replace Chasi] who they say have no Zanu Pf ideology
- Chinamasa wanted a Ministerial position too as he defended President Mnangagwa much
- Chinamasa, Mliswa and Tagwirei didn’t want ED to appoint Kirsty Coventry [as Sports Minister] because she doesn’t have party traits
- Sydney Gata and Daniel Mackenzie Ncube are ED’s friends who got appointments because they are his friends
- Tagwirei can tell ED who not to arrest, says he told ED not to arrest Chasi
- Tagwirei supports Wicknell Chivayo [of the infamous Gwanda Solar Project]
- Chivayo has full protection from Tagwirei
- Chasi had no power to deal with Chivayo
- Tagwirei can help anyone to get a government tender
- Tagwirei bought top of the range vehicles for police bosses
- Tagwirei said President Mnangagwa is not an enforcer
- Tagwirei and Mliswa agree that ED has failed to control the country like Mugabe
- The two are disappointed by the presence of Tabani Mpofu (not Advocate Thabani Mpofu, Nelson Chamisa’s lawyer) on the anti-corruption body
- They say they want Zanu Pf people on the anti-corruption portfolio who follow party principles
- Temba gives himself credit for defending Zanu Pf on social media
- Temba says Prof JN Moyo will never attack him
- Saviour Kasukuwere had a conversation with Temba on the appointment of Soda who doesn’t have Zanu Pf ideology
- Tagwirei said he is working for ED’s 2023 tenure
- From the conversation, it’s clear that Temba recorded the audio. What could have been his motive? He seems to be in good books with ED and Tagwirei so I doubt if he is the one who leaked it. Is this not a diversion? No factional battles are seen from the conversation.