MDC Trio Alleged Fake Abduction Trial Commences
The trial of MDC Alliance trio Joana Mamombe (MP), Cecilia Chimbiri and Netsai Marova, on allegations of faking their abduction in May last year, commenced yesterday.
Mamombe, Chimbiri and Marova, who were being represented by lawyers Mr Alec Muchadehama and Mr Jeremiah Bamu, denied the charges when they appeared before Deputy Chief Magistrate Mrs Bianca Makwande.
They are charged with publishing falsehoods prejudicial to the State.
Mamombe, Marova and Chimbiri claim that they were abducted from police cells by suspected state security agents following their arrest in May last year at a flash food protest in Warren Park.
They claim that their alleged kidnappers sexually assaulted them and tortured them all the night before dumping them in Bindura where they were found the following morning.
The state refutes the allegations saying the trio faked the abductions with the intention of soiling the image of the state. Authorities have, however, so far not been able to explain how the activists escaped police custody.
The MDC trio is adamant that it did not fake the abduction.
Deputy Chief Magistrate Mrs Bianca Makwande postponed the matter to May 5 for trial continuation.
In other news, Gold Deal Gone Bad …son reveals what happened!
With mystery still surrounding the deaths of three men near a dam in Bindura and another in hospital, the son of one of the deceased yesterday said his father had gone to conduct “a deal which would see him buy four vehicles.”
Panashe, son of the now late Medio Kashiri (52), yesterday said prior to the trip, his father had told him that he was going for a gold deal that would result in him buying four Honda Fit vehicles…Learn More