MAN DIES WHILST INSTALLING W-FI

A TELCO employee was allegedly electrocuted and his colleague was injured when an aluminium pole they were using to install Wifi at a house in Mkhosana suburb in Victoria Falls accidentally came in contact with live Zesa electrical cables.

MAN DIES WHILE INSTALLING W-FI

Police confirmed the incident which occurred on Friday at around 5PM. Mr Rector Msipha (43) of Mkhosana suburb and his colleague Mr Victor Zulu (38) from Aerodrome climbed up a mango tree to push up a four-metre long aluminium pole to mount a Wifi modem.

The tree is directly under Zesa overhead cables and inside the yard where the duo wanted to install wifi.

Residents watched helplessly as Mr Msipha was engulfed in flames while stuck onto the pole.

He fell off the tree after a brave resident, Mr Bernard Sihwaba Ncube, rushed to a nearby transformer and tripped the power.

He was confirmed dead on arrival at Victoria Falls District Hospital.

His unconscious colleague, Mr Zulu, was rushed to Mpilo Central Hospital in Bulawayo before being transferred to Mater Dei Hospital where he is still admitted.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.