The KFC couple says the upcoming wedding will be their second. The couple, Hector Mkansi and Nonhlanhla Soldaat officially got married in 2012.
But the groom explained the timeline of events to the Sowetan:
* They met and fell in love in 2010
* In 2011, the lobola negotiations began
* In 2012 they got married in a ceremony
* Lived together till last year 2018 then took out remainder of lobola money.
* Pressure from the church led to them having a formal wedding but not quite what they had envisioned.
* Groom bought her rings but wasn’t quite satisfied with them
* “I don’t work so I didn’t have enough cash to give wife Nonhlanhla a befitting wedding/jewelry but wanted to do something small”
* Skip to this week, “I decided to come to KFC to give her a small surprise with a meal”
* “Didn’t tell family anything; wanted it to be a complete surprise with everyone”
* “Team members at KFC helped to bring food with a ring. Then I went on my knees with everyone surrounding us”
* “Nonhlanhla (bride): I was totally surprised by the paper-wrapped ring/s
In a statement, the couple said: “Thank you, South Africa. Your kindness has truly warmed us. We would have never imagined that our love story would have touched so many of you. While we appreciate the support, we ask that you please give us a moment to take it all in. We will definitely let you know about our plans around the wedding,” they said.
Brands such as Coca Cola, Kulula, Sun City Resort, Siwela Wines, Castle Lite, Audi, Tsogo Sun, Puma, and Huawei have pledged gifts to make their wedding day special.
YOU MIGHT LIKE…
THESE 8 PICTURES FROM KIKKY BADASS WILL GIVE YOU A FEVER
You might not have heard of the name Kikky BadAss but in a matter of days, she will definitely be in your face, phone,iPad and laptop.
She’s Zimbabwean and turning heads in the entertainment industry…more here