Govt Clarifies On Importation Of Cars Older Than 10 years
The Ministry of Industry and Commerce has issued a statement clarifying Statutory Instrument 89 of 2021 on the importation of second-hand cars that are more than 10 years old. We present Minister Sekai Nzenza‘s statement in full below.
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY AND COMMERCE ON THE STATUTORY INSTRUMENT 89 OF 2021
- Following the promulgation of Statutory Instrument 89 of 2021 on the importation of second-hand cars that are more than 10 years old, the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, in collaboration with ZIMRA has come up with an administrative transitional arrangement: to facilitate the clearance and expedient processing of vehicles purchased prior to the gazetting of Statutory Instrument 89 of 2021.
- The following criteria must be met to quality under this transition of Administration arrangement:
I. The motor vehicles subject of the application must have been paid on or before 02 April 2021, II. Proof of payment in line with the RBZ Exchange Rate Control Regulations must be attached III. Any Other supporting documentation for the motor vehicle must be submitted.
- This administrative arrangement will apply from 22 April 2021 to 31″ of May 2021, by which date all motor vehicles bought on or before 2 April 2021, should have been imported into the country. All clients arc hereby directed to contact ZIMRA for clearance purposes.
- Anyone facing challenges in the clearance processes may contact Commissioner-General ZIMRA, Commissioner Customs and Excise or the Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
Ministry of Industry and Commerce emails are as follows;
|Head Office Licence Office||[email protected]|
|Bulawayo Province||[email protected]|
|Manicaland Province||[email protected]|
|Mashonaland Central||[email protected]|
|Mashonaland East||[email protected]|
|Mashonaland West||[email protected]|
|Masvingo Province||[email protected]|
|Matabeleland North||[email protected]|
|Matabeleland South||[email protected]|
|Midlands Province||[email protected]|
ZIMRA officials are available at the following emails:
5. All stakeholders arc being reminded that SI 89 of 2021 requires prior approval for the importation of second hand vehicles (above 10 years), cement and sugar.
In other news, Another 1Njuzu Video Goes – “Orarwa nemupfanha anekadora”
1Njuzu is back again on the viral web with a new video, this time she is not alone in rubbing her ‘Mughodi’.
1Njuzu has been trending on the social media streets since yesterday and all for the wrong reasons, the recently found fame 1Njuzu has had several videos leaked by allegedly ex-boyfriend.
From a video of 1Njuzu rubbing her ‘mughodi’ to a recently released one of the bootful woman with a small boy who apparently has a small gun…Learn More