The government has revealed the COVID-19 roll-out plan which stated the government will prioritize healthcare workers and border and airport staff and security personnel, ZimPrice check reports.
According to the publication, the vaccines will be rolled out in 2 phases:
Phase 1 will inolve two stages:
- Stage 1: Fontline workers:
- Health workers including nurses
- Border and Airport staff
- Funeral Parlour staff
- Security Personnel read soldiers and police here
- Stage 2: The vulnerable and prisoners
- The elderly i.e. those above 60
- Those with chronic
- Refugee camp inmates
Phase 2 has one stage:
- College/School staff
The rest of the population will be vaccinated after the first and second phases. The list omitted MPs and Ministers who according to a ministry of health official, were supposed to be prioritized when the vaccines arrived.
Source | ZimPrice Check