The government prohibits same s.e.x marriages.
This follows an amendment bill which is replacing the Customary Marriages Act. The Zimbabwean government has dealt a heavy blow to the homos.e.xual community by remaining rigid in its stance against same s.e.x relationships.
Amendment Bill seeks to repeal and replace the Customary Marriages Act (Chapter 5:07) and the Marriages Act (Chapter 5:11) so as to emerge with one Act governing marriages in the country. The new Act will also update the law in line with the dictates of our Constitution.
The objectives of the Bill are,
• ensuring gender equality;
• recognizing the rights of women, youth, and children;
• recognizing the rights of cultural groups
cultural and me preservation or cultural values and practices which enhance the dignity; well-being and equality of the people;
• providing for free and full consent to marriage by the intending parties;
• to accord the primacy of the best interests of the child;
• prohibition of same-s.e.x marriages; and
• the recognition of the supremacy of the Constitution which invalidates, any law, practice, custom and conduct inconsistent with the Constitution.
5 Things You Probably DIDN’T KNOW About Nyasha Mushekwi’s Ex-Wife
Meet the lady of the hour, Luminitsa Dumbisa Jemwa, ex-wife to Warriors footballer Nyasha Mushekwi.
Luminitsa has not only made waves for her curvaceous body which leaves most men drooling but she has been making waves for her relationship with former first lady Grace Mugabe’s son….more here