Details Of Victims Of The August 1 Killings
ON August 1 2018, some so called protests took place in Harare and soldiers were sent to as claimed, suppress them.
The deployment of soldiers resulted in the shooting deaths of six civilians.
ZANU PF leader, Emmerson Mnangagwa instituted a Commission of Inquiry into the killings led by Former South Africa President Kgalema Motlanthe.
The commission is yet to table the report to the President.
We publish the full names of the victims below:
1. Sylvia Matambo: Sylvia was 52 years old. She was working at ZINWA. She was married to Robert Maphosa and is survived by three children and one grandchild;
2. Brian Zhuwawo: Brian was from Epworth. He was selling car chargers, phone pouches, airtime and small car accessories for a living. He was shot in the back;
3. Challenge Tauro: Challenge was 20 years old and worked at the Gulf complex in Harare CBD. He is survived by his wife;
4. Gavin Charles Dean: Gavin was 48 years old. He is survived by a 13-year-old daughter;
5. Ishamil Kumire: Ishamil was 41 years old. He was a fruit vendor in Harare and a sole breadwinner. He was married to Suspicious Ziyamba and is survived by four children;
6. Jealous Chakandira : He was a commuter omnibus driver who was shot on the chest while walking along Nelson Mandela and Julius Nyerere.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT CHIGUMBA
Justice Priscilla Chigumba has been on the news lately, from being mocked by many praised too.here are a few things you might have not known about Chigumba.
Justice Priscilla Chigumba is a judge of the High Court of Zimbabwe and the Chairperson of the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC). Justice Chigumba succeded Ju….more here