The number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in SA has increased to 1,170.
Minister in the presidency Jackson Mthembu said on Friday evening that health minister Dr Zweli Mkhize had asked him to relay the figure.
Earlier on Friday, it was announced that two people had died as a result of Covid-19, the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus.
However, Mthembu clarified that one of the deaths was confirmed to be linked to Covid-19. The second case, he said, was linked to Covid-19 but had not yet been confirmed.
He said Mkhize would explain exactly what this meant, medically, in due course.
YOU MAY LIKE…
Nurse Who First Treated Zororo Makamba Now Unwell And In Isolation
There are reports that the first nurse to attend to the lateZororo Makamba upon arrival at Wilkins Hospital hospital is now unwell and presently in isolation.
She was tested for Coronavirus and the local authority is awaiting her test results.
This follows amid revelations that all hospitals in the city both private and public had refused to take in Makamba in their intensive care units in order to…more here
If you suspect you have COVID-19 infection or wish to obtain more information on this disease, please call the Ministry of Health and Child Care on toll-free hotline number 2019 for assistance +263714734593 or +263774112531