Chakalaka (This is more South African)
Let’s get right to it!
- Oil — 3 tablespoons
- Onions, chopped — 2
- Bell peppers chopped — 2
- Hot chile peppers, minced — 2 or 3
- Garlic, minced — 2 or 3 cloves
- Curry powder — 2 teaspoons
- Tomatoes, chopped — 3
- Baked beans in tomato sauce — 1 (15-ounce) can
- Salt and pepper — to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium flame.
2. Add the onions, bell peppers, chile peppers, garlic, and curry powder. Saute, stirring frequently, until the onions and peppers are cooked down and wilted (about 4 to 5 minutes).
3. Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the baked beans, salt and pepper and stir to heat through.
6. Serve hot or cold.
And that’s it! Let me know what your favorites are, and please share them.
Trending On Zimetro. . .
Zimbabwe Recipe: Pork Belly Strips and Veggies
What in the world would you do with really good pork belly apart from grilling, braaing or frying it? Here is something a little different but delicious all the same.
In this recipe I set out to bring in everyday green veggies – collard greens, rape or tsunga into the mix of things only that this time…full details
If you suspect you have COVID-19 infection or wish to obtain more information on this disease, please call the Ministry of Health and Child Care on toll-free hotline number 2019 for assistance +263714734593 or +263774112531