The ZRP has given a demo planned by the Zimbabwe Anti Sanctions Movement to be held on 31 July at the US Embassy in Harare the green light to go ahead.
In a letter addressed to the movement from the officer commanding Harare, ZRP responded and urged the movement to maintain social distance and stick to the stipulated venue and time:
RE: NOTIFICATION OF A DEMONSTRATION ON 31 JULY 2020
- The above subject matter is pertinent
- The office acknowledges receipt of your letter dated 06 July 2020 in which you intend to stage a demonstration in Harare CBD and at the USA Embassy (Westgate) on 31. July 2020 from 1000hours to 1600hours.
- You are being notified that the demonstration has been given a green light to proceed but taking into consideration the WHO guidelines on Covid-19 gathering and holding of public events. You are also advised to stick to the stated venues, date, and timings as any deviation will be considered illegal.
- By copy of this letter, Officers in Charge Harare and Westgate respectively have been advised of this event.
- Accordingly referred, please.