Home SOUTH AFRICA Bomb threat confirmed at another Brackenfell local school

Bomb threat confirmed at another Brackenfell local school

Bomb threat confirmed at another Brackenfell local school

Protea Heights Academy learners were hurriedly evacuated from the school grounds in Brackenfell on Wednesday morning after a bomb threat was received.

A report on the incident confirmed that the entire area was locked down and sniffer dogs were brought in by the authorities to help conduct a search operation.

The report noted that a teacher at the school had revealed that no further details regarding the incident could be given at this stage in the investigation.

TygerBurger reported that the teacher had confirmed that the learners had been safely evacuated, commenting that:

“All learners are safe and accounted for, and are now being sent home and everything is under control.”
News24 reports that police spokesperson Captian Erica Crous confirmed that the school had called in the threat on Wednesday morning:

“They had received a bomb threat per email. The police bomb squad is on the way to the school as we speak.”
The area has been in the national spotlight after a controversial party saw another local school, Brackenfell High School, accused of racism.

The scandal had prompted a protest outside of the school by the Economic Freedom Fighters, which in turn seemed to rile residents to the point that the situation turned violent.

Earlier, zanewsonline.co.za reported that the school’s urgent application for an interdict aimed at preventing the Red Berets from protesting outside of its gates was submitted.

However, the Cape Town High Court dismissed the application, opting instead to give the EFF an opportunity to present its side of the case next week.

The spotlight on the school has seen students, both current and former, emerging to tell their stories of experiences with racism.

Allegations abound that the party, viewed by many as racial segregation, is just the tip of the iceberg as far as what transpires at the school.

One student claimed that his sister had been called the k-word by another student, who returned from just two days on suspension to continue the abuse.