Auxillia Mnangagwa apologies over leaked viral audio


Auxillia Mnangagwa apologies over leaked viral audio.

In the leaked audio which is just over 8 minutes long, the First Lady launched a verbal attack on Colonel Samson Murumbo, the Commander of the 1 Presidential Guard Infantry Battalion for allegedly spying on her and plotting against President Emmerson Mnangagwa.


Following the release of a leaked audio in which the First Lady, Auxillia Mnangagwa vented her fury at a senior army commander she is now reported to have apologised and resolved the issue with the Army.

Local publication Daily News now reports that the phone call was actually 42 minutes in total and took place on June 26 after she went to Bulawayo to visit the widows of the late Dumiso Dabenga and Canaan Sodindo Banana.

The publication goes on to say that the first lady later apologised after the matter was escalated by Murombo to higher offices.

Part of the report reads,

…after suffering a dressing down on the telephone at the hands of the acerbic Auxillia, a shaken Murombo escalated the issue to Brigadier-General Fidelis Mhonda, who took over as head of the Presidential Guard from Anselem Nhamo Sanyatwe during the May top army brass reshuffle.

Mhonda reportedly presented the abridged recording to Zimbabwe National Army (ZNA) commander lieutenant-general Edzai Chimonyo, who approached the commander of the Defence Forces Philip Valerio Sibanda, who later on engaged President Emmerson Mnangagwa.

A meeting of the top security bosses reportedly discussed the issue and resolved that the matter was a storm in a teacup. The first lady, confronted over the bust-up, reportedly apologised.

Contrary to pervasive speculation that the officers have since been relieved of their duties or transferred, the Daily News can report that the officers, who are stationed at the Presidential Battalion 1.1 which is next door to the State House, are still in their postings and free from harm or any danger.

Also read


Missing form 3 student found living with boyfriend.

The accused, Tinkler Chapepa (18), appeared in court charged with having s.e.xual !ntercourse with a minor.


A Form 3 pupil at Emakhandeni Secondary School in Bulawayo who had been missing for over a month pulled a shocker on her parents after they found her cohabiting with…MORE HERE.