Armed robbers pounce on Choppies Supermarket in Bulawayo
Suspected armed robbers fired several shots as they raided Choppies Parklands Supermarket c on Thursday morning before getting away with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Armed robbers are said to have disarmed security guards manning the premises.
Witnesses said the robbers were travelling in a Honda Fit and another vehicle suspected to be Fun Cargo.
Police have since arrived at the scene and investigations are ongoing.
The shop has since been closed.
Source | The Chronicle
In other news, ‘Ghost’ Arrested After House-breaking Spree In Gutu
A suspected cunning burglar has been breaking into people’s homes in Gutu, Masvingo Province, dressed like a ghost.
On sighting him, the thief’s victims would flee in terror believing they would have seen a ghost while he would help himself to their property…Learn More
TRENDING STORIES IN ZIMBABWE:
- Mechanic Plunges Client’s Car Into Mazai River And Flees
- Council Blames Police Roadblocks for Traffic Congestion
- ZESA Hikes Electricity Tariffs By 30%
- Doctors’ Residence At Mpilo Hospital Goes Up in Flames
- Thousands of Zimbabweans in SA Face Uncertain Future