AFM Congregants Urged To Guard Church Premises 24/7
The Apostolic Faith Mission (AFM) has warned its adherents to be wary of members who have left the church who are reportedly planning to disrupt the church’s services across the country.
At one point the church was split into two rival camps, one led by Reverend Amon Dubie Madawo and the other by Reverend Cossam Chiangwa who was the church’s former deputy president.
The dispute was eventually settled by the courts. The Supreme Court upheld a High Court ruling that declared Madawo the legitimate president of the AFM in Zimbabwe.
A communique sent to congregants on Saturday by AFM Harare north province overseer Reverend Charukwa who is under Madawo’s leadership read:
From the overseer’s Desk
Calvary greetings to you all.
Grace and peace be unto you.
As you are aware that our erstwhile brothers have shown an arrogant move to come back to our churches to hold their services disrupting our services against the Supreme Court and High Court rulings which rules to our favour.
Following the message from President A D Madawo on defending and guarding our churches, I want to emphasise the following:
1. Let us all be present at our church premises all the time. Be at the church way before your usual starting time or have people at the church who will stop our erstwhile brothers when they try to enter the premises.
2. Make sure all doors and gates are locked and secure only to be opened when we start church. This ensures maximum security on our part.
3. In the event that they force their way into the church, take videos, pictures and report immediately to your nearest police station.
5. You must have copies of the Supreme and High court ruling with you when you report at the police station showing the police that we are the winning side.
6. The court order sought to evict completely is being sought out through the court and you know the wheels of justice turn slowly.
7. Meanwhile, let us be praying for our church and I assure you that it will be over. I stand as Moses saying to you today see the salvation of the Lord, “The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace.” Gen. 14:14
God bless you and have a blessed and peaceful Sunday service.
Rev P M Charukwa
Overseer AFM Harare North Province
In other news,
16 Nabbed At Kuwadzana Mjolo Party
Ten men and six women were arrested Saturday night at a mjolo party in Kuwadzana.
Some of the 16 people were caught by police having mjolo in a house owned by Reyn Mabva, 35, following a tip off.
The six ladies are Thokozani Tshuma, 24, Shylet Simba, Lucia Nyakutsikwa, 36, Loveness Zindi, 34, Sithatisiwe Kufa, 21.
The 10 men are…Learn More