Zimbabwean Jiti musician Braveman Chizvino, popularly known as Baba Harare, yesterday paid lobola for his wife, Nash TV presenter and musician Nomagugu Ncube.
Here is some information about Baba Harare:
1. He was born on 22 December 1988 to Gibson Chizvino and Fadzai Mawanza (mother), as the last born in a family of seven – four boys and three girls.
2. He paid lobola yesterday for his wife, Nash TV presenter and musician Nomagugu Ncube who at some point was a member of a group named Ancient Times. The popular jit singer introduced his wife to his followers via Facebook.
3. Baba Harare used to play the lead guitar for Jah Prayzah before he launched a solo career. He leads The City Vibration band and is most known for his 2017 hit song “The Reason Why”.
4. He was given the name Baba Harare by Jah Prayzah’s former manager Filda Muchabaiwa when his wife gave birth to their child while in Harare despite their plans for her to deliver in the rural areas.
5. In April 2020, Baba Harare temporarily relocated to his rural Bikita home to recover from an ailment which was linked to coronavirus. His manager Filder “Mama Filo” Muchabaiwa said at the time that the musician was rushed to Harare’s Wilkins Infectious Diseases Hospital after complaining of severe chest pains and breathing difficulties at his Budiriro home.