32 Rules To Teach Your Son!
Lists like these have appeared in numerous sizes and forms on my Facebook feed in the last couple of years, but this one may be my favorite yet. And I’ve changed a couple as well.
Our goal as fathers is to make our boys into men that are better than we are or could hope to be. If you’re a young father, paste these into your notes on your phone. You could do a lot worse than this list.
As I look back on the last 18 years, I hope I’ve done a good job.
1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2. Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
3. The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king.
4. In negotiations, never make the first offer.
5. Request a late check-out.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. Play with passion or don’t play at all…
10. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where the backbone should be.
12. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
13. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
14. You marry the girl, you marry her family.
15. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
16. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
17. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
18. Never turn down a breathy mint.
19. A sports coat is worth 1000 words.
20. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
21. Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him.
22. Eat lunch with the new kid.
23. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
24. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
25. Manners maketh the man.
26. Give credit. Take the blame.
27. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
28. Write down your dreams.
29. Take time to snuggle your pets, they love you so much and are always happy to see you.
30. Be confident and humble at the same time.
31. If ever in doubt, remember whose son you are and REFUSE to just be ordinary!
32. In all things lead by example not explanation.
Also Read…Biblical point of view: The power of relationships
The man by the pool in Bethesda stayed there for 38 years because whenever the waters were stirred, there was no one to assist him to jump into the pool.
How could he have stayed in one place and failed to create friendships or a relationship that would have helped him with his predicament?
There is no promotion without assistance. After God created Adam, he realised that man could not fully….Learn More