17- year-old boy charged for killing and [email protected] a teenage girl
A 17-year-old boy accused of murdering Soweto teen Siphiwe Sibeko is expected to hear his fate on a bail application on Thursday.
The teen, who cannot be named because he is a minor, appeared in the Protea magistrate’s court yesterday where the matter was rolled over to today for a decision. He is facing charges of murder and [email protected] after he and his 22-year-old co-accused were fingered in the murder of Siphiwe.
Siphiwe’s mutilated body was found dumped in a veld in Emndeni in April after she had gone missing for two days. In his affidavit, the boy previously told the court that he was not in Soweto on the weekend Siphiwe was murdered.
“I was in Orange Farm on the day of the incident. My family has a house in Emndeni and another house in Orange Farm,” the boy said. He told the court he heard about Siphiwe’s murder after his classmate sent him a post which had Siphiwe’s picture on it with the words “RIP”.