11 Referees Banned For Receiving Bribes
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has handed bans to eleven referees after they were implicated in a bribery scandal.
The officials were exposed in a secretly recorded video taking bribes before handling various games.
The decision to ban the referees was taken after the Disciplinary Board of CAF held a meeting on 7th July 2018.
Marwa Range, a Kenyan referee, received a life ban from all CAF related football activities while Yanissou Bebou (Togo) and Jallow Ebrima (Gambia) were suspended for 10 years.
Boukari Ouedraogo (Burkina Faso), Moriba Diakite (Mali), Demba Boubou (Mauritania), Maman Raja Abba Malan Ousseini (Niger) all got five years each.
Other three Ghanaian officials who were provisionally suspended will appear before the Disciplinary Board on 5th August 2018.
1. Marwa Range, Assistant Referee (Kenya) – life ban.
2. Boukari Ouedraogo, Referee (Burkina Faso) – 5 years ban.
3. Denis Dembele, Referee (Cote d’Ivoire) – 6 years ban.
4. Marius Tan, Assistant Referee (Cote d’Ivoire) – 2 years ban.
5. Bi Valere Gouho, Assistant Referee (Cote d’Ivoire) – 2 years ban.
6. Coulibay Abou, Referee (Cote d’Ivoire) – 2 years ban.
7. Jallow Ebrima, Assistant Referee (Gambia) – 10 years ban.
8. Moriba Diakite, Assistant Referee (Mali) – 5 years ban.
9. Demba Boubou, Assistant Referee (Mauritania) – 5 years ban.
10. Maman Raja Abba Malan Ousseini, Assistant Referee (Niger) – 5 years ban.
11. Yanissou Bebou, Referee (Togo) – 10 years ban.
YOU MIGHT LIKE…
Zodwa Wabantu Breaks The Internet Again!
Zodwa Wabantu shows all at the #VDJ2018 – Pictures… It all started last year when Zodwa Wabantu shocked everyone with her dress at the Vodacom Durban July.
This year though she has stepped up her game and is even showing more than she showed last year. She already promised that she won’t be wearing any un….MORE HERE